Raspberry Cheesecake Crumble

Tuesday, September 20, 2011


There is something that happens to me when the weather starts getting a little cooler. The leaves begin to change color, Saturdays are football days, and I bake. Part of the reason I do this is to use all the great fresh fruit and vegetables that I have grown or received. So when I got some great raspberries I new I had to make something sweet. I love raspberries and have great memories picking them at my grandma's when I was younger. This crumble, is a great dessert and makes a lot. Give it a try and let me know what you think.


Raspberry Cream Cheese Crumble

www.lynnspin.com
Crust
2 cups of flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/8 cup of milled flax seed
1 cup of melted butter
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.  Mix together and press firmly into a 9×13 baking dish.  I lined my with tin foil before starting.  Then bake for 15 minutes.
While that is baking make the Cheesecake mixture and the crumbles.
Cheesecake Filling
Three 8 ounce packages of cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
3 eggs
1 teaspoon of almond extract
Mix in a bowl until smooth.  Then pour over baked crust.
Raspberries
2-3 cups of slightly smashed raspberries mixed with 1 tablespoon of sugar.
Crumble Topping
1 cup of brown sugar
1/2 cup of flour
1/2 cup rolled oats (quick oats)
1/2 cup smashed graham crackers
1/2 cup softened butter
Mix together and crumble with hands.
Spoon raspberries over the top of the cheesecake.  Then sprinkle the crumble over that.  Bake in oven for 40-45 minutes.  Let it cool in refrigerator, the longer the better. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino