A Princess Birthday Party

Thursday, December 9, 2010



I am blessed with two little kiddos. Whom I love, however both their birthdays fall into the greatest time of the year . . . Christmas. So I try to do birthday parties for my kids to help focus on their birthday not just Christmas. It was obvious what my little girl wanted for a party theme. Princess. All things princess. I really had fun planning her birthday party. My number one advice for children's birthday parties is do cupcakes. They are so easy and you don't have to worry about getting plates, napkins, utensils, and ice cream. So I usually do cupcakes for my kids birthdays. I was excited to do princess cupcakes for my little girl. I just used a good ol' cake mix for the cupcake and then made some awesome buttercream frosting. When decorating the cupcakes I use a pastry bag with the couplet but no tip. So it makes a big fat frosting on the cupcake. I just did a little sprinkles, and added the toppers I found at a local craft store. I am so happy how they turned out. How cute is that shoe?!?! Here are some other pictures from my little princess's day.



Every little princess needs a crown. So all the little girls who came got a crown.


We had the Fairy Godmother come and teach the girls how to be a princess, and read a story to them about what it takes to be a princess. She then gave them all special "sparkle". 


Each princess went home with a princess kit. To help them always be a princess. 

Now onto the Star Wars party. May the Force to Be With Me. 

Buttercream Frosting

3 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup butter (not substitutes)
1 tsp vanilla
3 tbsp. milk

Mix powdered sugar and butter in a stand mixer. When it begins to look crumbly add the vanilla and the milk. Then add any food coloring that you want. Let it whip for a while, like 5-7 minutes. It will be beautiful, and you will just have to put your finger in the bowl to take a taste, and you will be so happy you did. 

*Amanda's note: When making this for cupcakes I always double the recipe so I can pile it up on the cupcake. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino