Butternut Squash Cheese Soup

Friday, October 29, 2010


I love to cook, however I don't really have confidence in making my own recipes. The more I cook the more I feel confident in it. So this soup recipe is an Amanda original. So please be nice, but I really liked it. It was really good. Especially when it was served with Lion House Rolls. My kids even ate this. So give this a try. Tell me any additions or changes you make I would love to hear more ideas.

Butternut Squash Cheese Soup

1 Butternut Squash (mine was about 2 lbs)
4 Tbsp Butter
1/3 cup Heavy Whipping Cream
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
3 cups chicken broth
2 Tbsp sugar
1/4 cup parmesan cheese


Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil and a butternut squash that has been pierced with a fork (go crazy on this, you don't want an explosion of butternut squash in your oven). Cook the squash for an hour at 375 degree oven.

When the squash is done cooking, let cool down.

While you are letting the squash cool down melt butter in large sauce pan and add heavy whipping cream.

Then cut a horizontal line. Get the seeds and nasty stuff out. Then scoop the meat of the squash into a large saucepan.

Add the chicken broth and seasonings.

Then let simmer on the stove for a couple of hours (I would imagine a crock pot would work). Every so often I would stir the soup and smell the aroma.

Dish it into a bowl and top with mozzarella cheese or monterey jack cheese.


Let me know what you think of one of my first attempts of making my own recipe.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino