Spinach Tomato Pasta Toss

Thursday, October 21, 2010


This is a great recipe that has kind of become my go to recipe. It is so easy and so yummy. A few years ago I received the Kraft Foods magazine in the mail. I loved getting this in the mail, and would dog ear the pages of recipes that I wanted to try. This one was in the magazine. This is a great meal because it takes no time to make. My kids love it, because of the noodles. So grab a fork and try it. 

Spinach Tomato Pasta Toss

2 cans of diced tomatoes with basil, & oregano
1 1/2 lbs italian sausage (I always get mild)
1 bag of fresh baby spinach
1 lb box of penne pasta
1 1/2 cups of mozzarella cheese

1. Cook the sausage in a large sauce pan ( I always use my wok I got from Ikea . . . I love it because it is so big

2. While the sausage is cooking start cooking the penne pasta in a pan with salted water (the salt gives the pasta a little more flavor)

3. Once the sausage is cooked through then add the diced tomatoes and baby spinach. Add the entire bag of spinach it may look like a lot an even too much but it will cook down beautifully. 

4. As soon as the pasta is al dente than mix it in with the sausage mixture.  Then watch how happy sausage and sauce to united with the pasta

5. Then if the pasta isn't happy enough you sprinkle the mozzarella cheese on the dish and watch the mozzarella melt into pure joy. 

This is a great dish. Please give it a try and let me know what you think. I know you will love it. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino