Tangy Cherry Jello Salad

Thursday, November 18, 2010




I don't know if it is because I live in Utah and I am Mormon, but this jello salad is a staple in our family Thanksgiving and Christmas Dinner. It is really good.  I think my mom got it from my grandma. She use to serve it on a separate plate with a leaf of lettuce and then the salad on it. Why did she do that?? It is so weird. It was like she was trying to be all fancy. I have been to many fancy restaurants and I have never seen this done before. So if you would like to serve this on a leaf of lettuce go right ahead. Go ahead and try this salad even if you aren't living in Utah or a Mormon it is universally good.

Tangy Cherry Jello Salad

1/2 cup sugar
1 large pkg cherry jello
2 cups orange juice
4 apples shredded

Dissolve jello and sugar in boiling water. Add orange juice and a few ice cubes.  Add shredded apples.
Makes a 9x13 pan

Do you love that I found a picture with the salad on spinach (i think), my grandma is up in heaven and feeling vindicated from her granddaughters snide comments about her lettuce and jello salad. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino