Lettuce Wraps

Monday, January 3, 2011


I hope you all had a wonderful holiday. We started off a little rocky with 3 out of the 4 of us getting strep throat, but it all cleared up before Christmas. For Christmas Eve we spent the evening with my man's family. My mom-in-law decided to order Chinese for our meal. So we ordered from this great little Chinese restaurant ( I will be writing a post about it soon), and got every entree that you can imagine and enough rice to feed a small army. My mom in law made some lettuce wraps, which in my opinion are hard to do. Homemade Chinese food is tricky to do. So I was a little apprehensive, but these lettuce wraps were awesome. You must try them. She found the recipe on line and then made some tweeks here and there. I must say she did a great job. Let me know what you think.

Lettuce Wraps

3 Tbsp Combination Sesame & Olive Oil
1 lbs ground chicken/2 chicken breasts
1 cup water chestnuts
1 cup bamboo shoots
2/3 cup mushrooms
3 Tbsp chopped onion
1 tsp. minced garlic or 3 cloves minced
ginger

Mince all these together like crazy. Into fine little pieces (this PF Changs)

Stir Fry Sauce

2 Tbsp Soy Sauce
2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 tsp white rice vinegar

Stir these together and pour into ingredients above

Special Sauce

1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup hot water
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice wine vinegar
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp. sesame oil

This special sauce is to dip your wrap.

Find some nice big iceberg lettuce leafs and put some of the meat into the lettuce leaf and dip into the special sauce. You will love these.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Making Chinese food is one of my favorites...I have some really great recipes that aren't tricky at all. If you'd like any of them, let me know.

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino