Multi Grain Granola

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I apologize for my lazy blogging efforts. I have been attempting weight loss. My man and I have made a goal for losing weight, he and I make such a great pair, I love to make food and he loves to eat. Depending on how much weight we loose depends on where we get to go on our 10 year wedding anniversary this July. We have combined our weight, and if we loose over 60 pounds together by May 1 then we can go to Hawaii (my top choice). Then in ten lbs increments we go to other places like 50-59 lbs we go to Mexico and so on. I am very motivated by this, however my man is dragging his feet. So I am going to get his cute little rear end in gear. I have been experimenting with healthy dishes and have found some really great ones. I am going to share with you one that I found a while ago, that I just love. I have made this many times and it is like eating candy. I found this from friend of a friend's website that cooks without refined sugar and uses whole grains. This recipe is hers and I love it. So give it a try. We love it in yogurt or just handfulls.






                                                                 Multi-Grain Granola
                                                                 www.themayfiles.com

Combine:
4 c rolled oats
2 c puffed brown rice*
2 c puffed millet*
2 c puffed kamut*
1 c sliced raw almonds
2 c chopped raw pecans
1 c raw cashews (opt)
1 c raw sunflower seeds (opt)
3 c unsweetened large flake coconut*
1/2 c flax seed*
1 1/2 c raw pumpkin seeds*

In a saucepan, heat:
1 1/2 c unrefined, virgin coconut oil* (do not substitute)
2 1/2 c honey
1 1/2-2 T vanilla
1/2 t nutmeg
1 t cinnamon
2 t sea salt

Add any combination:
Raisins, blueberries, cranberries, apricots, dried apples.
My favorite is dried apples.

*All these ingredients should be available at your local health food store.

Pour warm mixture over oat mixture and stir until moistened. Line 3 cookies sheets with parchment paper. Spread mixture evenly on sheets. Bake at 350 degrees for 15-25 minutes until just golden (do not overcook). Stir occasionally. Remove from oven and cool. Store in an air tight container.
Makes about 30 cups.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino