Pasta Milano

Monday, September 27, 2010


A week and a half ago I went and saw the movie, "Eat Pray Love".  I really didn't identify with the movie too much. It is about a recently divorced woman who decided to find herself while traveling to Italy, India, and then Bali. While in Italy she eats her way through the country. Besides desperately wanting to go to Italy for the pure sake of going to Italy. I want to eat my way through Italy. Since I have two children, and I have an ambitious man who is getting his masters degree. Life and funds won't allow me to travel to Italy, just yet. So I will try new recipes that will allow me to pretend that I am eating my way through Italy.  Another thing that I LOVE to do while cooking is finding some of my favorite meals at great restaurants and trying to replicate the goodness. Now, I know that I won't always get close to these meals. However I love trying. This one may be right on. I love Macaroni Grill. My man and I would go all the time and I would always order the same thing. Pasta Milano. So yummy. When I came across this recipe I was stoked. The key to this fantastic meal is the garlic cream sauce. You must use this sauce!!! Roasting your own garlic is so stinking easy here is where you can find out how to do it. I would teach you how, but this tutorial is so easy that there is no reason for it to be repeated.


Macaroni Grill's Pasta Milano
Ingredients:
6 ounces Butter
18 ounces grilled Chicken, sliced
12 ounces Sun-dried Tomatoes
12 ounces Mushrooms, sliced
6 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan Cheese
36 ounces roasted Garlic Cream Sauce (Recipe Follows)
36 ounces Bow Tie Pasta
Directions:
    1. Cook the pasta as directed on package.
    2. Sauté butter and mushrooms about 30 seconds.
    3. Add the roasted garlic cream sauce and Parmesan; heat thoroughly.
    4. Drain pasta.
    5. Add pasta to the sauté pan and mix well.
    6. Garnish with Parmesan cheese
    7. Serve and Enjoy.
    8. Sing Italian Love Songs (Optional)
Roasted Garlic Cream Sauce
Ingredients:
1 quart heavy cream
1 head roasted garlic
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 tablespoons fresh parsley - coarsely chopped
2 teaspoons salt
1 cup Parmesan cheese - grated

Directions:
In a blender process the cream and roasted garlic until smooth.
In a large saucepan, combine garlic cream, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of the parsley.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
Add salt and Parmesan to mixture, stir until sauce has thickened.

Go to Costco and get the rosemary olive loaf and put little plates on your table with olive oil and fresh ground pepper, and you will think that you are there. One of my favorite lines in the movie is when talking about her Naples' pizza, "I am sorry, I am having a relationship with my pizza." Have a relationship with your pasta milano and tell me what you think. 

1 comments:

Jenny said...

Yum!!! Sun-dried tomatoes are heaven! Is that parsley on top? As I was reading the recipe, I kept thinking "fresh basil, fresh basil".

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino