Raspberries and Cream

Monday, September 13, 2010


I have great memories of going to my grandparents house in the summer. We would wake up in the morning and take Grandma's green colander out to the fence were there were thousands of raspberries. We would pick just a few to put on our cereal for breakfast. Whenever I smell raspberries these images come back to me. Since I have gotten older the raspberry bushes have been removed, but I will always remember those crisp Idaho mornings retrieving those raspberries. It is something that I actually spoke about at my grandma's funeral. I would love for my kids to have similar memories. So I found this fantastic farm in Mapleton that allow you to pick raspberries and blackberries till your hearts content. So along with a great friend we took our kids to the briar patch. We gave the kids their buckets and let them go. It was so much fun, a lot of work, but fun. My little gal kept telling me she couldn't wait to make raspberry shortcake jam with me. Much like the strawberry shortcake jam we made a couple of days ago. I decided for a special treat tonight to make raspberries and cream for our family night. It was so much better than I thought it would be. Go pick some berries and try this. 

Raspberries and Cream

Fresh Raspberries 
1 cup of heavy whipping cream 
1/4 cup of sugar
2 oz. softened cream cheese

Put all ingredients in a mixer ( I LOVE my red kitchen aid and use it whenever I can), and let that wisk attachment do it's magic. I let it mix until it starts getting stiff.  If you let it go too long it turns into butter. Talk about too much of a good thing. When you are done mixing then spoon into a cup and drop some fresh raspberries and enjoy. 


McBride Briar Patch 
1849 South 2100 West, Mapleton UT

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Get Me A Fork Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template for Bie Blogger Template Vector by DaPino